EPAA is providing assistance to exceptional students and young researchers who have made noteworthy contributions in the field of alternative approaches to animal testing, enabling them to participate in one of two conferences.
Each year, prominent international conferences convene renowned scientists working on developing and promoting 3R alternatives (replacement, reduction, and refinement) to animal testing. However, the associated costs may deter promising students or early-career researchers from attending. In response, EPAA is pleased to offer 3Rs student grants to facilitate participation.
A panel of four judges, including two members from the industry and two from the European Commission, will evaluate the applications and propose a list of selected candidates to the EPAA Steering Committee. 2023 one exceptional grant of €2,500 for the 12th World Congress on Alternatives and Animal Use in Life Sciences, and two full grants of €1,000 for EUROTOX 2023, were available. All grants cover reimbursement of the event registration fees for the student/young researcher, as well as travel and lodging expenses based on receipts.
Who can apply?
1) Applicants have to be based (i.e. studying) in one of the 27 EU countries or the UK. Citizens of any country (i.e. also outside of the EU) may apply
2) Applicants must have an undergraduate degree (BSc/first cycle completed with at least 180 ECTS credits) when applying and should not have a doctoral degree
3) Applicants must still be considered as full-time students or young scientists (≤ 35 years old) when applying
4) Young scientists employed by an industry are not eligible
5) No funding or reimbursement by another entity for the same student and event is allowed
See more information in the link below.
Zurück zur Übersicht