The award includes a plaque, $5000 honorarium, and up to $2000 for travel. It recognizes individuals who have contributed significantly to refining alternatives in animal testing. Residents of any country are eligible to be nominated. Open to nominees worldwide.
The award criteria include:
- Publications and presentations in the field of laboratory animal science, welfare or ethics
- Teaching and training activities that foster the highest standards of working with animals in science and education
- Public outreach supporting the 3Rs
- Involvement in development of national, regional or public policy enhancing the 3Rs
- Strength of nomination letters
- Contributions to the implementation of the 3Rs in biomedical research
- Other attributes not covered above that should be considered, such as grants to enhance animal care and use programs or involvement in professional organizations (particularly leadership roles).
For more information please visit the official website.
Back to Overview