The Paul Ehrlich Institute, together with the city of Langen and Stadtwerke Langen GmbH, awards the Langen Science Prize, which is endowed with 15,000 euros. The prize is sponsored by the Verein zur Förderung des Langener Wissenschaftspreises e.V. (Association for the Promotion of the Langen Science Prize) and has recognized special achievements by scientists in the field of health research since 1993.
Applications are invited for outstanding scientific work in the following fields:
- Infectiology in human and veterinary medicine (for example virology, bacteriology, immunology),
- Gene and cell therapy and tissue engineering,
- Research into innovative biomedical approaches to prevention and therapy,
- drug safety and pharmaco-epidemiology,
- Related technological processes.
Both individual and group applications are encouraged. Applications from younger scientists are preferably welcome, although an explicit age limit is not specified. The call for applications is nationwide.
Please send the application documents by e-mail.
The prize winner will be selected from the best applications received at a scientific lecture event in the summer/fall at the Paul Ehrlich Institute or virtually in an online event.
The award ceremony is expected to take place at the end of the year at the Paul Ehrlich Institute.
Back to Overview