Introduction to Systematic Review & Meta-Analysis of Animal Studies
Using a mix of lectures, hands-on practical activities, and tutorials, you will learn the major steps required to undertake a systematic review and meta-analysis of preclinical animal studies.
You are here:
Through a mixture of lectures, practical exercises and tutorials, you will learn the key steps required to conduct a systematic review and meta-analysis of preclinical animal studies. The course language is English and through the course you will:
- Understand what a systematic review is and why to perform one.
- Understand the components of a good research question.
- Understand the components of a protocol.
- Understand the importance of preregistering your protocol and where to register.
- Learn how to develop an accurate systematic search strategy.
- Learn how to screen records for inclusion against preset criteria.
- Understand the steps required for data extraction including study design information and quantitative data.
- Learn how to assess studies for risk of bias and reporting.
- Learn how to conduct meta-analysis of effect size data using R.
- Understand how to report your completed systematic review.
Workload: 0.9 ECTS-CP
Process and Methodology
Until further notice, this workshop is held live and online using MS TEAMS, using a mix of lectures, hands-on practical activities, and tutorials. The workshop runs for 3 days, 4h per day. Please find the next dates here.
Next course: September 25th - 27th 2023, 1-5 pm
Please find further information on course details and registration here: Introduction to Systematic Review & Meta-Analysis of Animal Studies